Estate planning is the overarching term used for making decisions in relation to preparing a Will and preparing an enduring power of attorney.
A will is a legal document which, as far as possible, ensures your personal assets are distributed according to your wishes after you pass away. Dying without a Will means your assets will be distributed according to the laws of intestacy.
If you’re having a solicitor prepare your will, before your appointment you should consider:
- who to appoint guardian of your children and how you would like to provide for your children’s future
- who to appoint executor and their powers
- what your current assets and liabilities are
- who should receive your assets
- your preferred funeral arrangements
- your life insurance and superannuation
Your Will should be reviewed and updated as your life circumstances change. Rennick Lawyers offers one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to obtain a will in the Townsville area.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation to discuss your wishes with one of our Townsville estate planning lawyers.